During 2020/2021 timetable the Polish infrastructure manager, PKP PLK, plans to introduce five adjustments to the timetable due to modernisation and construction works on railway lines. Further changes to the timetable are scheduled for August 29 and November 7, 2021.
Any changes to a timetable should be announced at least 21 days before their entry into force on the infrastructure manager's website. Passenger stations’ managers are under obligation to publish a new timetable at least 10 days in advance to the introduction of a new timetable or timetable changes. Appropriate information should appear on posters or boards at train stations, platforms or passageways to platforms. The current timetable should also be available on the rail carriers' websites, although the legislation in force does not impose specific publication dates.
The summer timetable introduces quite a few changes which will benefit passengers. Below you can find a short overview.
- After many years of break PKP Intercity long-distance trains will run in the southern part of the Podlaskie Voivodeship and stop at Siemiatycze, Sarnaki and Hajnówka.
- By the end of June, as per PKP PLK's declaration, it will be possible to restore direct connections between Warsaw and Radom on the railway line No. 8.
- From June 26, after the next stage of modernization, direct trains will run on the entire route from Kraków to Zakopane.
- Several new railway stops will be launched, which will improve access to railway network and connect suburbs with centres of larger cities. These are: Kraków Opatkowice, Łódź Warszawska, Olsztyn Likusy, Szydłów Centrum and Goszczowice.
- Seasonal trains will also be launched, enabling fast access to tourist destinations. You will be able to get directly to seaside resorts - Łeba, Ustka, Hel, Świnoujście and Kołobrzeg. You can reach the southern destinations, i.a. Uherce Mineralne, Komańcza or Łupków in the Bieszczady Mountains, directly with long-distance trains, which do not run in other months.
We kindly remind you to cover your mouth and nose with a mask when travelling by train. In public transport passengers limits still apply and in PKP Intercity trains reservation is limited to the number of seats (no standing in trains). We encourage you to purchase tickets in advance.
PKP PLK timetable: https://portalpasazera.pl/
Station posters’ online generator:- https://portalpasazera.pl/Plakaty
Online timetable: https://portalpasazera.pl/Tablice
Passenger carriers' websites and hotline telephone numbers are available on UTK website after you click on the logo of selected carrier: https://utk.gov.pl/pl/pasazerowie/przewoznicy/przewoznicy/